PUMPSURGE by Jacked Factory Full Review and In Depth Look
Jacked Factory is a great supplement company perhaps best known for its Nitrosurge supplement pre-workout.
PumpSurge is a brand new product that offers similar benefits but without any stimulants (i.e. caffeine).
It promises “skin bursting pumps”, explosive strength and power, increased focus (without stimulants obviously), and increased lean muscle.
In this review we are going to take a look at the individual ingredients contained within, and use them to review the product as a whole. PumpSurge recommends using 1 scoop per serving, so all doses will be based on that.
It is usually recommended to try 1 scoop first if you have never taken any of the ingredients before so that you can ascertain your tolerance – but as this is a non-stimulatory supplement it should be fine.
PumpSurge Ingredients List
The last ingredient (Bioperine) is otherwise known as black pepper extract and it is added to supplements to increase the absorption of other ingredients. This is very useful, but it would be a bit pointless reviewing it, so we will concentrate instead on the first six ingredients.
• L-Citrulline (4g) – A fantastic ingredient for a pump supplement, L-Citrulline can help increase nitric oxide which leads to increased vasodilation and increased blood flow .
It can also reduce fatigue, and reduce muscle soreness, which is very useful for anyone who is training hard in the gym. The dosage is a little low as standard dosage for improved sporting performance is 6,000-8,000mg .
• Betaine Anhydrous (2.5g) – Also known as Trimethylglycine, Betaine Anhydrous is often used in pump supplements that are non stimulatory as it works very similarly to Creatine Monohydrate.
It appears to increase muscular endurance, power output, and reduce fatigue. It may also help increase fat loss. The dosage is spot on.
• Hydromax Glycerol Power (1.25g) – Mainly used to increase hydration, it is excellent at increasing the delivery of fluids to the muscles. It also helps increase absorption, a great ingredient to have in a stim-free pump product.
• Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (200mg) – Often taken in traditional medicine to increase vitality, Rhodiola Rosea may play a part in reducing fatigue. A 2012 study in Physiotherapy Research found that a dose of 200mg led to reduced fatigue and improved mood .
Taking Rhodiola rosea should help to improve muscle recovery after a particularly intense session.
• Alpha-GPC (100mg) – Often added to supplements to help improve mental ability, Alpha-GPC can also help increase power output when combined with strength training.
Ideally this ingredient should help increase your focus and the amount of weight you can lift. The dosage may be a little on the low side, with the recommended amount around 200-300mg. But we can’t forget that there’s Huperzine in PumpSurge as well.
• Huperzine (50mcg) – Similar to Alpha-GPC in that it can improve your cognitive ability (thought process, short term memory, and decision making skills) and it may also improve power output. An excellent addition to PumpSurge.
The Bottom Line
PumpSurge is a really great pump supplement that will work really well when taken pre workout. The ingredients are well researched and for the most part well dosed.
Often non-stimulatory pre workouts are quite poor, but this supplement really seems to deliver. What’s particularly impressive is the addition of ingredients that can help focus and mental ability such as Alpha-GPC and Huperzine. A great all round product.
 Sureda, A., Cordova, A., Ferrer, M., Perez, G., Tur, J., Pons, A. 2010. L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. European Journal of Applied Physiology 110(2): 341-51(link) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20499249
 Edwards, D., Heufeider, A., Zimmermann, A. 2012. Therapeutic effects and safety of Rhodiola rosea extract WS® 1375 in subjects with life-stress symptoms—results of an open-label study. Physiotherapy Research 26(8): 1220-5(link) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22228617
View More Top Supplement Lists: