Sleep is the most underrated aspect of health, it has so many benefits (increased testosterone, increased energy, reduced fatigue, better cognitive and physical performance, improved mood, better health etc) yet is constantly overlooked. You should be sleeping at least eight hours per night, but many people get less than six!
There are many ways to naturally improve your sleep quality, following a sleep schedule, avoiding electronic products immediately before bed, eating certain foods, avoiding caffeine in the evening etc., but sometimes you need something a little better.
That’s where sleep aid supplements come in. They are not only designed to help you fall asleep quicker, but they also aim to improve recovery from exercise and burn some calories.
This article will review five of the best sleep aid supplements out there on the market at the moment. We’ll place them in order with #1 being the best (in our opinion). Let’s get started then!
#5 P6 PM by Cellucor
• Promises to support free testosterone and provide enhanced recovery from exercise
• Contains Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc (ZMA), a well known supplement stack for improved sleep
• Contains a proprietary blend of: Tribulus Terrestris, L-Theanine, Passionflower, GABA, and Melatonin• Tribulus Terrestris is a well known testosterone supporting supplement• L-Theanine can calm you down
• GABA and Melatonin are excellent for improving sleep quality
#4 Lights Out by Key Nutrients
• Key Nutrients are one of the slickest supplement companies out there, with excellent ingredients, beautifully designed packaging, and a large fan base.
• Lights Out promises to help you fall asleep quicker, sleep through the night, and help you wake up refreshed.
• Contains valerian root which can treat insomnia, and camomile that induces calm
• Contains GABA and 5HTP which can calm you down and increase serotonin
• Also contains Passionflower, Lemon Balm, Melatonin, and Vitamin B6
#3 Elixir PM by Eflow Nutrition
• A sleep supplement that also promises to burn fat, can also help to reduce stress by lowering cortiso
l• Contains GABA and 5-HTP which increase serotonin, prevent insomnia, but can also reduce appetite and therefore induce weight loss. Perfect for late night eaters who want to diet
• Uses Mucuna Pruriens to reduce cortisol, increase fertility, and possibly increase testosterone
• Contains L-Arginine and L-Tyrosine which could help boost growth hormone, lower stress, and improve mood.
• Contains L-Carnitine which helps to burn fat in people who are deficient. Contains Melatonin which reduces sleep latency
#2. Animal PM by Universal Nutrition
• Universal Nutrition are one of the most respected supplement companies in the world. Their Animal Pak multivitamins are the best on the market. Animal PM is their version of a sleep aid.
• Promises to relax you, and lead to deep, restful sleep
• Contains ZMA, and a growth hormone boosting blend (GABA, AKG, Ornithine, Tryptophan, and Alpha GPC).
• Also contains an immune and recovery complex made up of Glutamine and essential amino acids.
• The last complex is a sleep and relaxation complex that contains valerian root powder, chamomile, mucuna pruriens, hops, and L-Theanine.
#1. Fade Out by Redcon1
• Redcon1 have got a really good product on their hands here. It increases human growth hormone levels, helps you fall into a deep sleep, improves your cognitive function, and lowers stress.
• Contains Mucuna Pruriens, L-Arginine, Phenylalanine, ZMA, Melatonin, Valerian root, and 4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid.
• Excellent dosages for each product (most sleep aids hide their dosages behind proprietary blends).
While this list does have a winner (Fade Out), each item on it is a fantastic choice. Animal PM has tons of effective ingredients, Lights Out has a beautiful design, and unusual ingredients, Cellucor concentrates on boosting testosterone as well, Elixir PM has that fat burning edge, and Fade Out is an awesome sleep inducing supplement.
View More Top Supplement Lists: